2013-12-17

Bratzillaz shoes, disappearing torso joints, and complaining about the Blogger app

There are so many functions I'm missing in the Blogger app. Not only things like putting things behind a cut, making hyperlinks and centering images, but also having access to settings, stats and subscribed blogs would be nice. Oh well. 

Once Upon A Zombie Belle arrived from ebay. She was my chistmas present to myself, just the right mix of cute and creepy. I took pics, of course, but I'm too annoyed with the app to try and embed them! They're on Flickr though, if anyone's interested. Of course, now that I've used up my "doll allowance" for the month suddenly all the toy stores decided to have a sale. I saw a really good price on MH Skelita online, but she'll have to wait. C'mon, I'm supposed to be spending money on other people this month! Too bad no-one I know shares my taste. (Also spotted the first Ever After High dolls online, but the prices were ridiculous. I'm actually holding out for the less elaborate versions anyway, since I prefer my dolls in more realistic clothing and mostly want these for the new bodies.)

Actually, I got a couple more Bratzillaz outfits on sale. Since they fit MH so well I felt like I should stock up while I had the chance. For all the amazing footwear in the MH line, simple black boots are few and far between. Sometimes you just want something that goes with more than one outfit. The high boots even fit Liv and Barbie - or rather, the shafts fit the legs and keep the boots on, even though they're comically oversized. I wasn't sure what to do with the clothes, but they turned out to be a close fit for the Simba Super Models, so nothing will be going to waste here! 

The rumors about the Fashionistas (or at least their articulation) disappearing seem  to be true. All I could find when I went to the store was the glitter/jewel/something Fashionistas with the unarticulated torso (something I discovered purely by chance, luckily before I bought one). Bad news, since I still have a bunch of heads to rebody and the Dreamhouse dolls are way too expensive to be donors. They still had the 2-pac fashion designer dolls, though, so all is not yet lost. Once those are gone, it's back to hunting for reasonable international shipping deals on ebay...

Really, though, I can't complain. It's been a good doll month so far. :)



5 comments:

  1. I have quite a few articulated bodies I am interested in selling. I just have a problem not knowing who they are. They are all naked so I can't tell by looking which doll is which. I know some are more desired than others. All I can say is contact me if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might be interested! It'll have to wait until after the holidays, though...

      Delete
  2. Yes, the unarticulated Fashionistas are beginning to show up here as well although there are still articulated ones around (and I even found some Liv dolls in one toy shop too). I'm thinking I should stockpile some in case I like new heads but not bodies but then you never know if the skintones will match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And of course, if we all start stockpiling bodies (???) they'll run out even quicker... but what can you do? If only Obitsu came in more skin tones I'd use them for everything. Congrats on finding a Liv, though!

      Delete