2015-11-06

Link: Made to Move Barbie spotted on Amazon

This Is Not A Post, I'm just relaying some more news from Papusilemele: Made to Move Barbie is now on Amazon (it says they're "temporarily unavailable", and I couldn't find them by searching, so I'm guessing it's still a bit backstage)! No turning back and cancelling on us now, Mattel - this is really happening! I am very very excited about this, while also preparing myself to be disappointed in the articulation somehow - it probably won't be as good as an action figure, the knees might be flimsy, etc etc. But it's still a brand new line of articulated dolls, hopefully one that will be cheaper and more widely available than most of the alternatives, and I'm just dying to get my hands on one and start playing Musical Heads!

8 comments:

  1. I managed to get in on the "Made to Move" dolls on Amazon before they sold old. I will definitely post pictures on my blog after they arrive and give a review of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, please do! (I assumed the amazon page was just a placeholder, but I saw someone on flickr managed to snag a set too.)

      Delete
  2. Those dolls look good and it is good to know that some people actually were able to get one. I look forward to seeing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a couple of pics up at flickr already. No in-depth review yet, but it looks like they can sit in the lotus position at least!

      Delete
  3. Just a "heads-up," but the originally $14.99 MSRP is now $35 - $45 and up, thanks to unethical resellers seeking to capitalize on the pre-"Black Friday" Christmas holiday shoppers. Gotta love Amazon's marketplace policies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not surprising, prices always go crazy at first. If you can wait a month or two (I will probably have to either way) prices should be back to normal levels. You can use camelcamelcamel to keep track of Amazon prices.

      Anyway, this reminds me of this post about Amazon marketplace bots:
      http://carlos.bueno.org/2012/02/bots-seized-control.html

      Delete
  4. Hmmm, can I post on here? I've done a detailed review of these dolls. The knees are def not flimsy at all! My review is on YouTube, and I have pics posted on IG. My you tube channel is Broken BarbieTV, so check that out for in depth looks at these dolls and some body transplants. LOL. Also, my IG is @brokenbarbietv, if you just wanna see some pics. No updates on the Black one yet, but people in Europe were able to purchase her in their local toy sections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it took me so long to approve your comment, I've more or less moved to Tumblr and forgot about this blog for a while. I haven't heard anything about M2M Asha being available outside select Target shops in the US, but if someone's found her in Europe I'd love to hear about it.

      Delete