2014-04-17

Skipper/Super Model, Twilight Teens Nemonia review, carving out shoes

This changes everything!


This is a bit enbarassing, but: I only just realized the Super Models' arms come apart! Elbows AND hands. I don't know how I missed it, but I can tell you how I found out: from purplemonkfish's review of Nemona, one of the new Twilight Teens dolls (Simba's Monster High clones who use the same body). I'm still not sure if I want a "Pneumonia", but it's a pretty informative review anyway. 


Speaking of the super models (again), I took a few comparison shots of them next to my old Skipper. Skin tone doesn't match all that well, but may be acceptable (I guess it's possible different Skippers might be slightly different shades, but I only have this one). 

Juls, Skipper, Sarah

Same but in a slightly different light

Skipper and Hadley's original body don't match either, in case you were wondering.

Anyway, some people out there have tried the Skipper/Super Model combo. This Dollforum.ru thread has pics of a Skipper on Juls's body (scroll down a bit) and here's blogger Barbiebeauties' Skipper rebodied on Sarah. I'd probably go with the latter.

Also, I sliced the soles off those boxing boots for Steffi Love and will attempt to hollow them out to actually fit flat feet. I don't have a dremel, but the plastic is pretty soft so I'm using a knife and an old lino cut gouge. I'm not sure if it'll work, but these shoes were pretty useless to begin with so I don't really have anything to lose. 

After slicing off the sole. Note "toe hole". 

The story so far. Also pictured: gouge.

Both Headmistress Bloodgood and the CAM mummy + gorgon pack are on sale,  but as I've already spent all of this month's doll money and then some, all I can do is sigh and hope they don't sell out too fast. 

5 comments:

  1. The Simba bodies do look good donors for your Skipper even if the skin tone doesn't ,match exactly. At first I thought the neck looked a bit long but I see that Skipper had a long neck on her original body. The shoe experiment looks interesting - please post pictures when you are finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still not completely sure they will fit Skipper's neck hole, but it seems other people have made it work. Will definitely post updates about the boots, (unless I mess them up completely).

      Delete
  2. I did not know that the Super Model bodies come apart. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's weird because it doesn't say anywhere! And I'm not going to start tearing their arms off unless I know I can put them back...

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing this information. Always helps to know as many articulated bodies as we can find. I can live without the dolls being articulated, but it is more fun when they are.

    ReplyDelete