...and today (with the first row of plugs tied down over her face to keep it out of the way).
This is my second try with the reroot tool and I'm learning as I go. I'm using nylon, about 30-40 hairs/plug (15-20 folded), which I hope is enough. If I pull on them they will come out fairly easily, but I'm planning on covering the inside with glue later. If I used maybe 40-50/plug I could probably rely on tension alone, but I'm worried of splitting the vinyl or something and besides I'm not really a fan of the ridiculous amounts of hair most playline dolls seem to have. Last time I used thicker plugs (becuase I couldn't get the head off) and the hair ended up a bit too thick in places.
Also, re: my latest rebody fail, I discovered there actually are articulated Bratz bodies, and they seem to be about the same height as the unarticulated ones (depending on what shoe-feet they're wearing, I guess). Here's one compared to Monster High: http://heyitsmuff.blogspot.se/2012/08/from-fairy-to-human-teen.htmlI'll have to try and find one and see if they match OHC Briana Joy better. (Yes, that means I'll have to start carrying a doll head with me every time I expect to come close to a toy store.)